The School for Experiential Education (SEED) is a centre for teaching Movement Based Therapies and Somatic Exploration.
We run postgraduate courses worldwide for body therapists in Movement Shiatsu. These train practitioners how to involve the client more in the treatment, teaching clients to be aware of their bodies and postural patterns and how to experiment with changing those patterns.
For more information about these courses click here
For articles and videos about our work click here
Please also visit us on Facebook
Wed. Mornings 8:30-9:30 : Exploring Inner Qigong
Developing inner resources and resilience and finding internal peace.
Starting 28th March 2018 with Bill Palmer & Teresa Hadland
This class gives a framework for exploring yourself through movement, voicework and visualisation. Inner Qigong is not a fixed set of exercises but a system of awareness experiments through which you can discover what you want to work on in yourself. It also gives you practical ways of developing a personalised daily practice which focuses on those areas.
The first series of classes will explore different aspects of your body, voice and physiology:
- Breathing, support and awareness of the inner organs
- Becoming aware of bones and joints and how you move them
- Discovering how muscles and fascia create elastic connections
- Exploring the rhythms of the internal fluids
- Becoming aware of movement patterns and learning to experiment with them
- Creating your personal space and relating to others
- Exploring spontaneity and becoming aware of internal impulses
- Developing your voice and widening your range of expression
Cost: by donation. Suggested £5-£10 per session.